February is my birthday month, and for many years as a child (and maybe even into my early adult years) I wished I was born on 29 February. Had I been born a year later, that might have been possible, but 1967 wasn’t exactly a leap year, so I was born on a day where I can say ‘two months ago it was Christmas’ or ‘ten months from today it will be Christmas’. I have always said ’25’ is my lucky number, and obviously this has to do with my date of birth.
So, leap year.
One of the reasons why I really like leap year, is the Olympic Games. I. Love. The. Games! Back when I was a teen I was a gymnast, and even in my days won a bronze medal, and competed for South African national colors. I was one of the top of our province, but not good enough to earn those colors. When my daughter was born, everyone thought I would stop, but for two years after that I competed at a high level again, until sadly I injured my wrists so much that I had to stop. But, I digress. I am quite a sports fan. Not that I watch sports every day, but when there are big events, I certainly can be found watching. I like to see as much of the Olympic Games as possible, and obviously have a very soft spot for gymnastics. Back in my days I also did some judging, but that has changed so much, just as much as the acrobatics has. We were mere amateurs compared to what the gymnasts can do today. I also love the Winter Olympics, but obviously those are not in a leap year. Other than the Games, I (and Master T) are fond of watching cycle racing (Tour de France, Giro, Vuelta, and some other tours they have) as well as speed skating (we are watching this weekend!). The crown to all the sports we watch is the Games, and that only comes around in a leap year, which brings me back to the beginning: I like leap years!
PS: Thank you to those who have reached out in the past weeks when I wasn’t well mentally. I am in a better place now, but went through some really dark times, and thanks to some friends, I made it through. You know who you are!
Please note: Content warning: Violence, domestic abuse.
There has been a lovely collaboration between May More and HisLordship, and I think you should read both stories, as May’s is written from the female perspective and that of HisLordship from the male perspective. Sometimes difficult things that happened in one’s life need to be told as fiction, as telling it as fact is just oo difficult. I have done it many times before, and currently there is a series running on my blog — No Consent — which is a true story, presented as fiction. There was no way I could write this in the first person.
A disturbing story (it comes with a content warning), but at the same time one that I think should be continued, is Mandy Gets Fixed by Liz Blackx. Actually, if you just think about this story, I feel there’s another layer here, as so many people try to ‘fix’ their partners to be like they want them to be, and how wrong is that?
Another piece of writing that made me uncomfortable, but which was written so incredibly well, is Listen by Zero. This is in the context of power exchange relationship, and the way it is written makes you feel the ‘I’ character’s emotions, every bit of it. This is a powerful piece of writing, and I do admit, I do like to read pieces which comes almost too close for comfort.
This was the last week of February Photo Fest 2020 and of course I want to highlight some of my favorites again!
- February Photofest Day 21 by Brigit Delaney — She did it again, stun me with a sexy close-up image!
- February 22nd Rivulet… by The Other Livvy — I want to follow the lines of the water running over her luscious bottom.
- #FebPhotoFest Day 22: Front or back… by The Artful Muse — So, what do you prefer, the front or the back? I do have my preference…
- Ocean by Floss — I am really enjoying Floss’s photography, but this image of her curved body, her tattoos, that beautiful lingerie, and the dreamlike edit just had to be included here.
- Handstand by Focused and Filthy — The moment I saw this image, I loved it. There is just so much strength here, both in the image and the words!
- Green by Eye — The title says green, and green it is, and then Eye’s beautiful pale skin contrasting the green in this beautiful image.
- Summers rope by Molly Moore — Everything in this image makes me long for summer, and to get naked in the sun.
- Take a seat by The Other Livvy — Sometimes an image just blows you away, and you can’t stop looking at it. That’s what happened when I saw this image.
- Helium by Jupiter Grant — That edge of lace against soft skin is what makes this a beautiful and sexy image.
- February Photofest Day 26 by Brigit Delaney —Brigit has shared so many beautiful images during this month, but this one must be my absolute favorite! Just wow!
- Ripening by Annie Savoy — The soft feminine look Annie has captured here makes me study all of the image to try and see more. So beautiful.
- Fishnets by The Artful Muse — She worried about her big toe pointing the wrong way, and all I saw were her sexy legs and bottom.
- Hole in One by Exposing40 — The moment I saw this image I recognized Honey’s back, and it made me smile, knowing just how much fun these two ladies had creating this image.
- Day Twenty Five by Little Switch Bitch — The moment I saw this dark image, it made me think of blood and milk running down LSB’s body. I know, right, what a thriller-like thought to have!
- Innocent? by Deviant Succubus — She might not really be innocent, but she’s definitely portraying innocence quite sexily in this image!
- Taken from behind by Focused and Filthy — The title might imply that you are going to see Missy from behind, but the image is so much hotter than that!
- Thirsty by bluesubmission — Well, what can I say… I scrolled up and down over and over again to look at this image. It’s just… unfff!
- Poised by Julie — The pose, the grainy image, the off center position, the length of the photo, everything works perfectly to make this look like a painting.
- Celtic Nipple Shield and Blue bar by Focused and Filthy — Okay, it seems that I am including Missy quite a lot, and every time with her other half in the image. But this image is just so gorgeous, I couldn’t not include it!
Prompts are great to inspire you to write a new post, and you can also combine two prompts (or three) if you want.
These are the ones currently running:
|Meme||Prompt||Date(s) to link|
|Masturbation Monday||Week 287 (The Other Livvy)||28 February to 3 March 2020|
|Wicked Wednesday||Prompt #405: Don’t stop believin’||29 February to 5 March 2020|
|Food for Thought||#138 – Time Slip
#139 – Dates & Dating
|24 February to 1 March 2020
2 to 8 March 2020
|Sinful Sunday||Fill the Frame||1 March 2020|
|Kink of the week||Unfuckable Things/Objects||15 to 29 February 2020|
|Tell Me About…||#28: Codependency
#29: Edge play
|16 to 29 February 2020
1 to 14 March 2020
|Erotic Journal Challenge||Sensuality/Sexuality
|1 to 29 February 2020
1 to 31 March 2020
|Sex Blogger for Mental Health||Week 59: Codependency/Interdependent
Week 60: Conflict
|23 February to 1 March 2020
1 to 8 March 2020
|Write Big Sexy Words||February’s Big Sexy Words – link to follow||1 to 29 February 2020|
|For the Health of it||Physical Health||24 February to 8 March 2020|
|Elust #128||Elust submissions||1 to 8 March 2020|
More memes — also those without prompts — can be found here. And, did you know that it’s perfectly okay to combine memes? Just make sure you have the buttons of those you link to in your post!
Every week someone else in the community does the top 3 roundup for Wicked Wednesday. Sometimes it’s me, but mostly it’s someone else. I love to engage others to do it, because I want Wicked Wednesday to be for everyone.
Are you interested in doing the roundup (again)? Just get in contact with me!
Prompt 404 for Wicked Wednesday was ‘Co-dependency / Inter-dependency’ for which 32 posts were linked. The top 3 was done by Missy of Focused and Filthy and she chose:
The last week and a half the writers have been busy with their second assignments, and tomorrow at noon my time, the voting round opens again. Are you ready to vote?
Tips & tricks
This past week there was a collaboration between three memes: Tell me About, Sex Bloggers for Mental Health and Wicked Wednesday. We all invited people to write about codependency. Missy wrote an informational post on the site of The SafeworD/s Club about Codependency and D/s which those in a D/s relationship might want to read.
This day in past years
Sharing posts from the twenty-ninth day of February in the past years of my blog:
2012: Plugging – Day 9
I’m sure the title tells you what this is about.
2016: Toy Box: Day Collar Again
Sharing a close-up image of one of my day collars.
This was bound to be short, seeing that leap year only comes round every four years!
© Rebel’s Notes