I already posted this on Twitter, but wanted it as a post on my website too, as I think it is good to reflect on a past year, but mostly look forward to a new one.
Top 3 posts of 2017
Top 5 posts posted in 2017
Top 5 images of 2017
Top 5 referrers
Top 5 referrers that aren’t memes
Top 5 search terms for 2017
5. anal fisting
4. naked school
3. butt plug punishment
2. amazon (huh???)
1. tentacle porn
The top 5 countries visiting
Top 5 commentors of 2017
5. Kayla Lords
3. Modesty Ablaze
2. May More
1. Molly Moore
The best years, stat-wise
Reflecting on 2017
As everyone who has followed me for some time now knows, 2017 has been the worst year of my life. Not one year, not the years of my past divorces, not the year in which I had a burnout, seriously NO other year has been as bad as 2017. Still, there were highlights and on those I want to reflect:
- I am still as much in love with my husband as I was when we met so many years ago. And I know he loves me too. Especially now during his not being well and my mom’s illness and passing, I have realized just how strong our love is and how strong we are as a unit.
- I cherish every moment I have spent with my mom. I opened up to her and told her a lot of things I always wanted to tell her, but never knew how. She told me a lot of personal things too and it strengthened the bond we already had. I carry her with me in my heart, in every fiber of my body, every day! She gave birth to me, she loved me, she was proud of me – those thoughts keep me strong and given me the strength to go on, the way I know she would have wanted. These thoughts came to me on the last day of the 2017, when I visited her grave.
- Even though mom was still in hospital, my birthday was one of the best days of 2017. I visited mom, spent time with her and saw how she proudly told everyone that her daughter has turned 50. The love in her eyes was immense! And then I came home and had one of the best birthdays ever, actually, THE best of my life.
- Since September of this year, my oldest daughter and I have dedicated the first Sunday of every month to ‘our time’. We choose a place to go to, have lunch and then go out together, each with our cameras to take photos. In less than two weeks we start with a photography course to finally get to know our cameras better and make stunning photos!
- I realized that I am stronger than I give myself credit for. This is something I don’t think of constantly. In fact, there is no one that can downplay what I do as well as I can. But, I know I am strong. I just don’t want to think or be reminded of that constantly.
Normally I don’t do New Year’s resolutions but this year I decided to do them. Some things are resolutions and may still flop, but other things are cast in stone, as they have already been agreed (and sometimes paid):
- Lose all the weight I have already lost but gained back again due to mom’s illness (what can I say, I’m an emotional eater).
- Visit Eroticon.
- Do a photography course to get to know my camera.
- Keep track of my word count for 2018.
- Don’t color my hair ALL year and cut it as little as possible. By the end of this year I want my hair back to ‘full health’ again.
- Start pitching to companies to write articles and earn a specific amount of money (which I don’t want to disclose).
- Connected to the previous: I hope to land at least one ‘job’ where I can write for one company repeatedly.
- Make a success of the Smut Marathon.
– weekly: Masturbation Monday, Wicked Wednesday, Sinful Sunday
– bi-weekly: Kink of the week & #SoSS
- Get published again.
Sexy things I hope for
- That Master T will feel well enough to get off the anti-depressants and be in the mood for sex again. I can’t wait for the moment he devours me again!
- A play date with Mister Silent.
- Anal play.
- Sex with Sophia.
- A damn good spanking and whipping, leaving me with marks I can enjoy for days!
Even though 2017 has been hell, I am determined to make 2018 a positive year. It’s cliche but it’s true: that’s what mom would have wanted. It doesn’t mean my grief is over (it will probably never be), but it means I want her to look down on me and still be proud. I have to go on, have to live every day to the fullest! And I will. For the first time ever I have set goals and I am determined to reach each and every one of them.
When I do this kind of post again next year, I will reflect on the goals I have set myself this year!
2018, I am ready for you!
© Rebel’s Notes