Who of you, when you saw the title of this post, thought about the miniseries back in the early eighties? 1983 to be precise? Or maybe you have seen the TV series in 2009-2011 which were a remake of the original miniseries? Back in 1983 I didn’t miss an episode. I was a huge fan and so was Master T. So much so that we have the original series in a DVD box – which we never looked at. We just wanted it.
But, that’s not what the V stands for.
This V is the Roman numerical for ‘five’.
Five is quite an interesting number, don’t you think? Just think of these facts:
- Five is the third prime number. You know what a prime number is, right? Yep, a number that can only be divided by 1 or itself. Five is also the only prime number that ends in the digit 5.
- The number 5 is the fifth Fibonacci number. The Fibonacci sequence is a set of numbers that starts with a 1 (or a 0, followed by a one) and proceeds with each following number being equal to the sum of the preceding two numbers.
Okay, those are some complicated facts about the number 5.
Let’s look at some easier ones:
- We have five fingers on each hand and five toes on each foot.
- A starfish has five legs.
- In some European countries (such as Great Britain and The Netherlands), when you reach the age of five, you become of ‘compulsory school age’.
- There are five rings in the Olympic symbol.
- A lion’s roar can be heard from five miles away.
- “Take five” means you can rest for five minutes.
There are many more facts about the number 5, but I won’t bore you with that. Why am I so fascinated by the number five today?
Because it’s my birthday!
Okay, okay, okay, technically not MY birthday, but my blog’s birthday. It really is incredible, but today, exactly five years ago, I created Rebel’s Notes. Who had thought that I would still be around after five years. Not me!
In the last five years I have learned so much about myself.
I have learned that I can be in a group and not be a little grey mouse, but make a positive contribution to a conversation.
I have learned that I should be more confident about myself and not immediately think “I cannot do it”.
I have learned to love my body with all its flaws and marks of my life’s history.
I have learned that anyone is entitled to an opinion, but that the opinions of others doesn’t necessarily mean it’s an attack on the way I do things.
I have learned to do things my way and always just be myself; true to myself.
That is to name only five things that sprang to mind right now, but there are so many other things I have learned about myself. And I know I will continue to learn. I am on the brink of a great new adventure, which I might or might not talk about on this blog, but which will definitely teach me even more about myself and give me more confidence. In fact, through this blog I learned that I am stronger than I gave myself credit for.
I always want to do something special when I have a blogaversary and where others host giveaways, that is just not my thing. So I asked Master T if He could write a ‘5’ on my buttocks and make a photo of it. He was definitely in for it…
Master T was the one who came up with the Roman numerical and didn’t do only one, but two. I will see this as a very positive prediction that this blog will exist for at least another five years. I’m game, and I hope you are too! Because, yes, without you, my dear readers, I would not have kept this up as long as I did. Thank you all for reading and coming back to read more, for leaving comments, for giving me suggestions when needed and for just generally being the kind and sexy bunch you are!
On to the next year…!
© Rebel’s Notes