Continued from… Day 13
Does religion have any bearing on your decision to submit? If not, are you familiar with religious based submission and do you view it as similar to other types of submission or dissimilar?
Even though I had been raised in a Christian home, religion did not have any bearing on my decision to submit. And even though I have been raised in a Christian home, I have not raised my children as Christians. The older I got, the more I had questions about religion.
Actually, when I saw the question, it was the first time ever I have heard of the term ‘religious based submission’. This of course sent me to search engines to see what information I could find on this. I found a couple of articles which confirmed what I first thought when I saw this term: that religious based submission more or less has to do with a wife submitting to her husband because the bible tells her to do so. I am not going to give my take on this, as religion is one thing I never talk about. To me, it’s private. Whatever I believe or do not believe is my business and no one else’s.
From one of the articles I want to quote the following:
- Only a strong person can be submissive.
- Submissiveness is not timidity, it is not servility, it is not subservience, it is not docility, it is not degrading, it is not a sign of weakness.
- Submission is a sign of strength, not of weakness and a greater degree of submission requires a greater degree of strength of personal character.
I agree with these three points – wholeheartedly. I am strong, not weak. I am not timid, not docile. I do not feel degraded by my submission. I am proud to be a submissive, proud to serve my Husband. I am a strong person and I am stronger through my submission.
I leave you with the following links that I have found when searching for religious submission and would love to hear other points of view out there:
- Taking a Second Look at Submission
- Christian submission
- Religion and submission
- Are Michele Bachmann’s Views About ‘Christian Submission’ Even More Extreme Than She’s Letting On?
To be continued… Day 15
© Rebel’s Notes